Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, there have been changes made to a number of services. Please visit our dedicated webpage to find out how this service has been affected.
Suicide Mitigation Training
We are committed to suicide prevention work across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough as demonstrated by our STOP Suicide campaign and associated training.
As part of this, we are offering the ‘Suicide Awareness and Response Training for Primary Care’ Connecting with People training module free for GPs and Primary Care Staff across the region. Over 200 GPs across the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and over 470 Primary Care Staff in total have already completed the training and feedback has been incredibly positive:
- “Outstanding: concise, efficient, enabling”
- “Applicable in my day to day practice as a GP”
- “Will change my practice”
The training is delivered in two 1.5 hour modules which can be completed together or separately to suit your practice’s availability. The CPD training, co-delivered with a local GP, will provide you with:
- An understanding of suicidal thinking
- An evidence-informed clinical tool that will enable you to assess and triage a suicidal patient
- The knowledge and confidence to support a patient in a compassionate way
- The ability to co-produce a safety plan with a patient to support them to stay safe
For more information about the training, including how to book for your practice, contact email@example.com
‘Connecting with People’ training modules are provided by www.4mentalhealth.com