Blue Light ‘OWN’ Networks
We will support frontline staff to develop ‘OWNs’ (Our Wellbeing Networks) across all four services. These networks will work to find ways to raise mental health awareness and tackle stigma across all four services. These networks will be led an army of Community Champions.
Anyone can become a Champion if they are a current employee or volunteer working in one of the four emergency services in Cambridgeshire.
The role of a Champion:
- Help to make it easier for staff to look after their mental health
- Help people to access the right support if they are experiencing mental health issues
- Embed positive changes within their organisation
- Challenge stigma and discrimination
We will provide:
- Support from dedicated workers at Mind in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough & Fenland Mind
- Access to a series of workshops to improve knowledge and help to challenge stigma in the workplace
- Resources such as booklets and posters for staff that are specific to each service: also web-based information
This part of the project is being led by Blue Light Wellbeing Community Developer Jo Fitzpatrick.
For more information please contact: Jo Fitzpatrick firstname.lastname@example.org 07989 148551